Celebrate the Life ~ Cherish the Memories
MICHAEL "MIKE" TONI KENNEDY was the eighth child born to the union of Irish Rose Campbell and Ivory Lee Kennedy on September 24, 1959, in Jacksonville, FL. His Celebration of Life came to an end when he transitioned on July 29, 2018, at Baptist Hospital South, Jacksonville, FL.
Michael “Mike” Kennedy was preceded in death by his father, Ivory Lee Kennedy and one brother, Willie Lewis Kennedy.
The legacy of his seasons is cherished and remembered by his beloved wife, Priscilla Ann Kennedy, Saint Johns, FL; seven children, Jennifer, Kandie, Tyrus, Trista, Janae and Michael; six grandchildren, Amiaya, Ja'Shaiya, Josiah, Jeremiah, Habakkuk and Madison; mother, Irish Rose Kennedy, Jacksonville Beach, FL; siblings, Joan Kennedy Williams, Dayton, OH; Jessie Kennedy (Namson), Blytheville, AR; Freddie Kennedy (Roxanne), Jacksonville Beach, FL; Robert Kennedy (Rickie), Upper Marlboro, MD; Jimmie Kennedy, Jacksonville Beach, FL and Alberta Kennedy Floyd (Michael), Jacksonville, FL; 14 nephews and nieces, 31 great nephews and nieces; 2 great-great nieces, a host of other supportive family and sorrowing friends.
A Memorial Service will be held Friday, August 10, 2018 at the Mandarin Garden Club beginning at 6:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m.
Quinn-Shalz Family Funeral Home Chapel, 3600 3rd Street South, Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250
Visitation for immediate family will begin at 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m., August 10, 2018.
Public visitation will immediately follow from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Celebration of Life Service Details:
Saturday, August 11, 2018, 11:00 a.m. at Quinn - Shalz Family Funeral Home Chapel
Ponte Vedra Valley Cemetary, 4750 Palm Valley Road, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082
Repass will be held at the Mandarin Garden Club, 2892 Loretta Road, Jacksonville, FL 32223
For out of town family and friends, the following accommodations have been negotiated for you. Please be mindful that August 8, will be the final day to book the Ramada Inn Conference Center and receive the discount. We apologize for the short notice.
The Ramanda Inn Conference Center, 3130 Hartley Road, Jacksonville, FL 32257
Group Name: “Michael Kennedy Funeral”
• Dates of stay: August 10-12, 2018 No. of Rooms: 10 - Rooms One King Bed or Two Queens
• Rates: $84.00 Kings/$93.00 – Queens + 13 Tax for up to two adults; Kids stay free up to 17 years old ($10.00 for each additional adult up to three/room). Room not booked by August 8, 2018 will be released from the group and rates will revert to the prevailing higher rates.
• Your Group code: CGMK10. You will receive a confirmation number within 48 hours of booking. You can call (800) 393-1117 and mention “Michael Kennedy Funeral” group.
• MUST HAVE CREDIT CARD INFORMATION TO RESERVE ROOM
• Check-in time: 3:00 p.m.; Checkout time: by 11:00 a.m.
• Cancellation Policy: 24 hours prior to check-in time without penalty. (One night’s charge)
• Hotel has two floors and no elevators.
• Each room is Non-Smoking and includes a Free Full Breakfast buffet, Free Wireless Internet, Microwave, Fridge, Coffee Maker, Free access to Fitness Center, Free access to Business Center and Outdoor Pool. Property has on-site Restaurant, Piano Bar, and Comedy Club.
Holiday Inn Express, 11262 Old St. Augustine Road, I-295, Jacksonville, FL 32257
Bereavement Rate $99.00 per night. 10 rooms blocked. Reservations can be made by calling the hotel directly at (904) 899-9000 or as you arrive. Hot breakfast included in rate. PLEASE REFERENCE: Michael Kennedy and Quinn - Shalz Funeral Home to receive the bereavement rate.
Quinn - Shalz in charge of final arrangements
Compliments of: Whitaker Funeral Home, Metter, Georgia